1. Web marketers are recommending social media to enhance their social prominence and utilize less time on back link strategies due to recent changes to search engine algorithms. In March 2012 Google publicized that backlinks are not their main concern nowadays when searching or examining websites for relevance.
2. The other search engines follow Google’s lead… Bing is also following suit. Social signals are increasingly important to effectively rank in search engines and achieve the requisite publicity for businesses to compete successfully in today’s marketplace. Back links used to be the holy grail of generating an online presence. This is no longer the case as back links have decreased in search engine ranking prominence.
3. Social signals are now what counts. With the increasing prominence of social media, everything has drastically changed. For a webpage to gain proper recognition by humans and search engines, it needs social signals i.e. Twitter Tweets and Re-tweets; Facebook “Likes”, “recommends”, and “shares”; Google +1′s as well as other social media exposure such as social bookmarking.
This is not to say that back links are dead. This couldn’t be further from the truth. Back links are alive and well. But it is back link quality, not quantity that matters now. Superior back links will always be reflected in search engine results.
4. Search engines are valuing individual opinions (via social signals) more than large quantities of back links which can be (and are often) purchased. These poor quality back links offer no evidence to how much value web visitors gain from the web pages to which they link.
Danny Sullivan of Search Engine Land was quoted as saying, “Mutually Bing and Google have added a lot of social search structures over the previous year. There’s also been conversation on utilizing “social signals” to assist rank actual search outcomes.”
Subsequently for websites to prosper with social signals there ought to be a measurement or trailing mechanism in place that permits them to evaluate and tactically strategize their social media advertising determinations.
5. Business partner of Social Metrics Pro Tan Daniel, who has also run several firms and startups, articulates that social signals correlate with ranking results occasionally as highly as sixty percent.
“We have been following social signals on websites we control and have noticed that the relationship of social signals with SERP ranking is clearly more noticeable than the past”, Tan stated.
6. This is where plugins for WordPress like Social Metrics Pro come in handy. It lets publishers and web developers who are serious about search engine optimization track and monitor their social publications and social signal effects.
It is not surprising to notice back links receiving lesser weight and social signals receiving extra weight, as social signals are provided by real web page visitors who are considerably more dependable than an unidentified back link.
After thorough examination, we clearly see that social signals are receiving increasing prominence in SERP updates, including the latest Google penguin update.
Ludwing Hernandez, Blogger addict and social media strategist. Enjoy his new project call Free Chat Platform Mezee